Nothing quite like a plate stacked with fluffy clouds of happiness and a cup of coffee to start off the day, especially after you've finally perfected it and your kitchen looks as if it's just been flour bombed!
With pancake day knocking on our door and trying and at times failing,at being a topnotch domestic goddess, by not making my own pancakes and buying readymix batter and then tying to pass it off as my own and then getting caught out. I decided this year I'd make a batch of actually homemade fluffy pancakes and loaded with a few of our favourite fruits.
250g plain flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
2 eggs (beaten)
A tiny pinch of salt
1. No time for messing around, we've hungry bellies to feed! So whip up all ingredients in a bowl to make your pancake batter.
2. Heat your frying pan over a medium high heat and add a knob of butter. Once melted grab your ladle or spoon and pour in your batter in to your pan.
3. Great trick to know when your homemade fluffy pancakes are ready on one side, is when they start to bubble up that's when you know they are ready to be flipped.
4. Pile up high, you should get around 12-16 fluffy crack pancakes depending on size.
5. If you have children or young siblings this is when they come in handy, decoration time! Let them go crazy and have some fun in creating the perfect pancake.
Super easy to whip up they honestly take no time at all, and I'm certainly happy to put down the ready made batter mix this year and enjoy my homemade fluffy pancakes.
Happy Shrove Tuesday
What will you be topping your pancakes with?
London Mumma xx